Monday, December 17, 2007

Words from Deepti Ahuja

Hi

I think anyone who wants to take pictures of child
labour doesn't have to look far. Just go on the
streets for 5 minutes and you'll see it there. Go to
your next door neighbor, they'll have one washing the
dishes. All you can do is feel helpless since they
make you feel like a fool when they argue. It's as of
these people don't have a soul.

these pictures were taken while driving so they are
not well composed. both of them were taken in Gurgaon.
One is with a kid who's working in a garage. The
second picture is of a girl, whose father collects
garbage from homes, and she is collecting the plastic
bags.

I've seen policemen buying juice from road side juice
vendors and a child serves the juice. I don't see a
sign of disapproval on their face. I am sure they
know the law and they are not blind but I guess its
acceptable because nobody cares...

Thanks
Deepti Ahuja

No comments: